Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Detials, Social Skills, And Einstein

I know, I know, we owe you updates. But this past month has been busy with exciting new things for adaptive arts. Before i get to all that, I wanted to share an article I came across that shares insight into the autistic mind.

I was particularly struck by this quote, “The autistic person’s world is a world of detail. In fact, scientific research shows the normal mind tends to drop out detail, and that can be very, very disastrous..."

For some reason, all i could think of were how many game shows are based on the "normal" minds ability or inability to retain facts? (see, i took a totally important thought and brought it down to modern reality TV. I have failed you all)

read the whole article here though: http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=245950&format=html&autoreload=true

No comments:

Post a Comment